Instructions for New students at DREAM:Lab
Accounts to get once you join the lab
- Get account on DREAM:Lab wordpress site (Yogesh)
- Create a webpage for yourself under http://dream-lab.cds.iisc.ac.in/people/<username> and add your photo & brief info to http://dream-lab.cds.iisc.ac.in/people
- If you’re a fulltime student or staff at IISc, you should get WiFi and VPN access from CMC/NetHelp, and your @iisc.ac.in AD account and email address from DIGITS office. If you’re an intern/visitor, fill out the CDS Permission letter, get it signed by Yogesh and submit a copy to security to get building access, and one to CMC/NetHelp to get WiFi access.
- Get added to the DREAM:Lab mailing list (Yogesh)
- Get an account on SVN and learn how to use it/not use it (Aakash)
- Send you GitHub handle to get added as a committer to the lab’s public GitHub page (Yogesh)
- Get account on the Rigel cluster (Swapnil)
- Get account on Microsoft Azure Cloud. Use with caution! (Yogesh)
Tasks to do once you join the lab
- Update your contact information.
- Go through the other resources available on the internal webpage.
- Fix any issues you find in the wordpress content.
- Plan out your weekly F2F meeting schedule with Yogesh and add to the page.
- Attend Monday lab meetings (3-5pm) and Friday subgroup meetings (2-330pm/330-5pm) at CDS 309/208.
- Sign up to present a research paper 2 times in the semester during Monday lab meetings. Before presentation, add slides and link to paper to the meeting page.
- Add comments on courses you are taking.